Several things can cause the Blackstone griddle top to wobble while you are trying to cook those fabulous meals. The biggest reason is due to the base, or the legs are not level in a location you are trying to cook.
There are more reasons we will cover in this article, and we have the answers to show you how you can fix the problem. They are all easy fixes, so read on to find out how to keep the griddle top from wobbling so you can focus on what you know how to do best, cooking outdoors!
What Causes a Blackstone Griddle Top to Start Wobbling?
There are several possible causes of this problem:
- The base or legs of the griddle are not level. This is the most common cause of wobbling, and it can be easily fixed by leveling the legs of the griddle.
- The surface of the griddle is not level. Another possible cause of wobbling is an uneven surface. You can check the levelness of the surface by placing a straight edge across it. If the surface is not level, you can try to adjust it.
- The griddle top is not securely attached to the base. If the griddle top is not securely attached to the base, it will wobble. To fix this, you will need to remove the griddle top and then reattach it using the bolts that came with the griddle.
- One of the legs is damaged or missing. If one of the legs is damaged or missing, it can cause the griddle to wobble.
- The wheels are not locked. If the griddle has wheels, it must be locked in place before cooking to prevent wobbling.
Once you have identified the cause of the wobbling, you can take steps to fix it to get back to cooking on your Blackstone griddle top. By following these simple tips, you can keep your griddle top from wobbling and can continue to enjoy all of your outdoor cooking adventures!
How Do You Fix a Wobbly Blackstone Griddle Top?
Now that you know what can cause a Blackstone griddle top to start wobbling, here are some tips on fixing it.
- If the problem is due to the base or legs of the griddle being uneven, you can try to level them out. If the ground is uneven, you may need to use blocks or shims under the legs to level it out. If it is only a small distance off, try folding paper or use cardboard to put underneath the legs.
- If the problem is due to the griddle’s surface being uneven, you can try to adjust it by loosening the screws that hold the griddle top in place and then re-tightening them. Also, use a level to make 100 percent sure the top is level.
- If the problem is due to the griddle top not being securely attached to the base, you will need to remove the griddle top and then reattach it using the bolts that came with the griddle. Make sure to tighten the bolts firmly to secure the griddle top.
- If the problem is due to one of the legs being damaged or missing, you will need to replace the damaged or missing leg.
- If the problem is due to the wheels not being locked, simply turn them until they are flush with the legs of the griddle. You can also use cardboard to put under the wheels to stop the griddle from moving.
By following these simple tips, you can fix a wobbling Blackstone griddle top and get back to cooking your favorite outdoor meals. So don’t let a slight wobble stop you from enjoying all that your griddle offers!
How Can You Prevent a Blackstone Griddle Top from Wobbling?
If your griddle top wobbles, here are some things you can do to try to fix the problem:
- Check the legs of the griddle. Make sure they are all the same length and securely attached to the griddle.
- Try adjusting the legs of the griddle. Sometimes, if one leg is shorter than the others, it can cause the griddle to wobble.
- If your griddle has adjustable feet, try adjusting them until it is level.
- Use some heavy-duty felt pads or rubber feet on the bottom of the griddle legs. This can help to stabilize the griddle and keep it from wobbling.
- Make sure the surface you are cooking on is level. If it’s not, the griddle may wobble as you cook.
How Do You Balance a Blackstone Griddle?
The best way to balance a Blackstone griddle is to use a level and put it across the top lengthways and width ways. Use blocks or cardboard to put under the legs until the level shows it is even.
How Do You Lock the Blackstone Griddle Legs?
This is the most secure method involving physically locking the legs together.
- Place the griddle on a flat surface.
- Line up the holes in the legs with the holes in the griddle top.
- Insert the pin through all of the aligned holes.
- That’s it! Your griddle is now securely locked and shouldn’t wobble anymore.
As you can see, there are several ways to keep the Blackstone griddle from wobbling. Troubleshooting is easy, and just go down the list and find and fix the problem with these solutions, and you are good to go!