Jambalaya on a Blackstone Griddle?
Blackstone Griddle is perfect for cooking Jambalaya.
The Blackstone Griddle is perfect for creating your Jambalaya masterpiece. Not only is it easy to cook Jambalaya on the Blackstone Griddle, but it is also a culinary, visual delight. Watching all the vegetables and meat cooking on the griddle is just pleasing and is hard to appreciate with other cooking methods.
Can you make Jambalaya on a Blackstone griddle?
Yes, you can!
The Blackstone Griddle is perfect for creating mouth-watering Jambalaya. Cook your vegetables, along with your preferred meat, mix with your favorite seasonings and liquids for a delicious and easy-to-cook jambalaya.
The great thing about making Jambayala on the Blackstone griddle is watching the cooking process.
Unfortunately, you do not have the chance to watch the cooking process in a slow-cooker or make Jambayala in a pot on a stovetop.
When should you consider making Jambalaya on a Blackstone griddle?
Weekend cookouts have never been better when on a Blackstone Griddle.
Weekends are great for cooking for friends on weekends, and a big batch of Jambalaya cooked on a Blackstone Griddle is about as good as it can get.
Make a presentation of the cookout for Fat Tuesday by creating a visual treat on the Blackstone griddle.
Cooking brightly colored vegetables and your favorite meats mixed with rice makes a memorable Fat Tuesday Jjambayala.
Who should be cooking Jambalaya on a Blackstone griddle?
Anyone that loves an easy-to-make and delicious Jambayala.
It is easy to cook other foods at varying temperatures with different heating zones.
For example, the vegetables can be cooked in one zone and at the same time cook the meat at a different temperature. When the Jambayala is ready, mix all the vegetables with the meat and add your desired liquids.
Why would anyone not use the Blackstone griddle for cooking a Jambayala masterpiece when it is this easy?
How do you make Jambalaya on a Blackstone griddle?
Read on how to create a Jambayala culinary treat.
One of the great bonuses of cooking Jambayala on a Blackstone griddle is the presentation while cooking. When mixed with your preferred meat on the Blackstone griddle, the beautiful vegetable colors stand out.
And the good news is it not only has an excellent presentation but could not be easier.
These are the steps to creating your delicious Jambayala meal:
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 2 lbs diced chicken breast
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 red onion diced up
- 2 green bell peppers diced up
- 1 red bell pepper diced up
- 2 jalapeños minced up
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2/3 of 1 can of tomato sauce
- 4 cups white rice (can be cooked the day before)
- 3 tablespoons of Blackstone’s Crazy Cajun seasoning
- You can use leftover cold white rice or packaged ready rice packages to loosen the rice, place it in a bowl, and have ready rice saved for later.
- Preheat a side of the Blackstone to medium heat. Drizzle the olive oil, about 1-2 tbsp, add the celery and yellow onions to cook 3-4 minutes, then add the peppers and celery to cook 2-3 minutes. On the other side of the griddle, preheat the Blackstone to medium-high and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, and add the chicken to cook 4 minutes. Add the sausage and shrimp and cook for 3 minutes. Seasoning everything lightly with Blackstone Crazy Cajun seasoning.
- Turn all burners to medium or medium-low and mix vegetables and meat. Add the rice and toss to incorporate.
- Add the tomato sauce and toss.
- Add the garlic and half of the green onions to toss. Season with the rest of your Crazy Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper as desired.
Can you make Jambayala indoors with a Blackstone Griddle?
Yes, you can!
The new Blackstone eSeries makes it possible to make delicious Jambayala safely indoors.
The new eSeries uses electricity for power rather than propane for a safe and fun cooking experience. The electric griddle is perfect for small apartments or for an RV or traveling lifestyle due to safe portability.
Meals will typically be cooked similarly to gas propane griddles, with one exception.
Electric griddles have one electric heating element, therefore a single heating zone, as opposed to multiple heating zones possible with gas Blacksonte griddles.
However, an electric Blackstone eSeries griddle has a more uniform cooking surface than a gas grill due to the single heating element.
The beauty of the Blackstone griddle is the delicious food that you can cook and with an excellent presentation of the cooking process.
Using the Blackstone griddle outdoors in the backyard (propane gas) or indoors (electric) creates a culinary delight while watching the food cooked along with all the enticing aromas.
The fun of watching the Jambayala cooking cannot compare to when cooking with a slow cooker or stovetop cooking.
However, making Jambayla with the Blackstone griddle, either indoors or outdoors, is easy, quick, and fun watching as everything comes together, creating one of the best Jambayala meals ever!